Comments are always welcome and encouraged at Life in the Wilde. Few things thrill me more than building a genuine rapport with readers and getting to know you better through our interactions in the comments. I’m excited about building a community here. Your feedback helps me tailor content for a more rewarding experience for all of us.
With that said, this is my online home, and there are ground rules for visitors.
- Racism, homophobia and/or transphobia will not be tolerated. If that makes you uncomfortable, this probably isn’t the place for you.
- You are responsible for the content of your comment. I have a life and a full-time job and can’t be here moderating all the time. Please act like a grown-up.
- Please use your real first name and email when commenting – not your blog or business name, or social media handle.
- If you’re obviously just commenting for self-promotion to drop your link, your comment probably won’t make it through. Please make your contribution valuable.
- Expletives are fine (even encouraged) when they add emphasis. I love a good curse word, but make sure the swearing doesn’t overtake the message; it’s lazy.
- We don’t criticise or correct other people’s spelling and grammar here. There are a host of reasons someone’s writing mightn’t be up to your discerning standards, none of which make their contribution any less valuable. Asking for clarity is one thing; being the English police is quite another and won’t be well met.
- Questions are very welcome, but I advise checking any existing comments to see if they’ve already been answered. There may be an existing thread you can join and learn from.
- Occasionally a post might be contentious, leading to debate and differences of opinion, which is great! A world in which we all felt the same way about everything would be very dull. However, personal attacks on me, guest posters or other commenters will not be tolerated. Please don’t do it. It’s a one-way ticket to #BANHAMMER.
- Spam comments go straight to the trash. Don’t bother.
- Ditto for trolls. Please, find something better to do with your time.
If your comment is awaiting moderation, please be patient. If your comment doesn’t appear, you probably need to read through this policy again.
Keep comments constructive, kind and respectful, and we’ll all have a good time.